Hire Terms & Conditions
1. The Hirer will during the period of the hiring, be responsible for the supervision of the premises, the fabric, the contents and any and all Hall equipment, their care, safety from damage and the behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity, including proper supervision of car-parking arrangements.
2. The Hirer shall not sub-let or use for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way nor do anything or bring onto the premises anything which may endanger the same or any insurance policies in respect thereof.
3. The Hirer shall be responsible for obtaining licences that may be needed whether for the consumption of intoxicating liquor or otherwise and for the observance of the same and of all other regulations pertaining to the premises stipulated by the FIRE AUTHORITY, the LOCAL AUTHORITY, the LOCAL MAGISTRATES COURT or otherwise. If the Hirer intends to obtain an intoxicating drinks licence, the Hirer shall inform the VHC (“ Village Hall Committee”) Hiring Clerk at the time of hiring. The VHC takes no responsibility for the availability or otherwise of any license.
4. The Hirer shall indemnify the VHC for the cost of repairs of any damage done to any part of the property including the curtilege thereof or the contents and equipment of the premises which may occur during the period of the hiring as a result of the hiring; and may be required to pay a damages deposit, refundable in the event that no damage is incurred.
5. Subject to the permission of the VHC, regular Hirers may store equipment used by them in the Village Hall. All such storage is entirely at the Hirer’s risk and the VHC takes no responsibility for any loss or damage, howsoever caused.
6. At the end of the hiring, the Hirer shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surrounds in a clean and tidy condition, properly locked and secured unless directed otherwise and any contents temporarily removed from their usual positions properly replaced. All lights and heating shall be switched off or as otherwise instructed. Keys to be returned to the bookings secretary after locking the premises.The VHC shall be at liberty to make an additional charge in the event of any failure to comply with any of the above.
7. If the Hirer wishes to cancel a booking before the date of the event and the VHC is unable to conclude a replacement booking, the question of the payment or repayment of the fee and any deposit shall be at the discretion of the VHC.
8. The VHC reserve the right to cancel any hiring, subject to the refund of any fee or deposit paid, in the event of the premises being required for use as a Polling Station for a Parliamentary or Local Government election or by-election, or any other reason at their discretion.
9. In the event of the premises or any part thereof being rendered unfit for for the use for which it has been hired, the VHC shall not be liable to the Hirer for any loss or damage whatsoever.
10. Other general conditions:
- placing of notices in the premises is restricted to the notice board set aside for that purpose and is at discretion of the VHC;
- the floor of the Main Hall premises has a specially treated surface and no other materials are allowed to be used on it;
- the number of people attending any event on the premises shall not exceed 200: and
- the hire of the VH gives the VHC permission to use the hirer’s details for the purposes of managing bookings.
11. The VHC reserves the right to add to or amend these rules without notice.
31 July 2020